Yankees fans erupt after another brutal Anthony Volpe error

New York Yankees shortstop Anthony Volpe (11) throws out Washington Nationals center fielder Jacob Young (30) (not pictured) after fielding a ground ball during the eighth inning at Yankee Stadium.The New York Yankees entered Thursday’s game against the Chicago White Sox with momentum. After Yankees manager Aaron Boone bemoaned his team’s performance against the Boston Red Sox, the team has not lost. However, Anthony Volpe gave New York fans another reason to call for Jose Caballero at shortstop. The young infielder notched his 18th error of the season.

Boone benched Volpe after his struggles against Boston. The shortstop earned his way back onto the field, but it didn’t take long for him to add another error to his long list of mistakes. He was positioned well to make a play against White Sox designated hitter Edgar Quero. However, he couldn’t handle the ball and added another E6 to the Yankees’ season.

Yankees fans took to social media to complain about another mistake from Volpe.

“Should be his new nickname…Anthony ‘E6; Volpe,” one fan commented.

“I mean when is enough of enough he doesn’t hit he doesn’t field what does he do?” asked another.

“I have never, in 50 years of watching baseball seen a player look so bad. He is pathetic,” said one Yankees fan.

“How many games has Boone cost us?” asked another, calling the manager out. “He kept putting Williams in to close and now he keeps putting Volpe in at SS. How many games? I get the loyalty, but there has to be accountability!”

“Look man if he can’t do it, he can’t do it,” said one New York supporter. “You’ve practiced your whole life from Middle School to Majors and you’re struggling to do something you practice everyday and that’s fielding the baseball in front of you.”

Volpe’s struggles at the plate have been almost as bad as the ones in the field. At this point, it is difficult for Boone to put the shortstop on the field as New York chases a playoff spot. Yankees fans are pleading for Caballero to play more, and they might get their wish soon.

Related Posts

Dodgers’ Shocking Plan to Retain Max Muncy in 2026 Defies All Odds. Insider’s Bold Claim Hints at a Blockbuster Move That’ll Stun Rivals. LA’s Slugger Is Poised to Rewrite the Diamond Script

Dodgers ‘Likely’ to Bring Back Max Muncy in 2026, Says Insider The Los Angeles Dodgers are eagerly awaiting the return of their third baseman. When healthy, Max Muncy…

Michael Conforto Exposes Dave Roberts’ Fiery Ultimatum to Dodgers as September Looms. The Skipper’s Bold Rally Cry Ignites a High-Stakes Pennant Chase. LA’s Clubhouse Is Buzzing with Do-or-Die Energy

Michael Conforto Reveals Dave Roberts’ Message to Dodgers as September Nears September is right around the corner, and there is still no clear frontrunner for the National…

Dodgers’ Megastar Spills on Vicious Fan Jab That Triggered a Stunning Shohei Ohtani Shake-Up. This Scorching Insult Ignited a Game-Changing Play That’ll Leave LA Fans Speechless. The Diamond Drama Just Hit a Wild New Peak

The Los Angeles Dodgers have been rolling ever since winning the final game of their latest series with the division rival San Diego Padres. Since then, they’ve…

Deadspin | Mets C Francisco Alvarez plans to play through pinky fracture

Deadspin | Mets C Francisco Alvarez plans to play through pinky fracture

Juan Soto’s Mets Bombshell: Francisco Lindor Isn’t Team’s True Leader

Francisco Lindor isn’t the New York Mets real leader? Not according to Juan Soto.

Mets’ Nolan McLean has three word message about Jonah Tong debut

Nolan McLean kept it short and simple when asked about Jonah Tong’s first big league appearance.