Curious About His Decision: Mookie Betts Reveals Whether He’ll Attend Dodgers’ White House Visit With President Donald Trump?

The Los Angeles Dodgers have accepted President Donald Trump’s invitation to visit the White House on Monday, April 7.

The team will also visit Capitol Hill on April 8.

Mookie Betts Has Made Decision on Attending Dodgers’ White House Visit With President Donald Trump

Superstar Mookie Betts has recently given the decision some more thought as to joining in on the visit or not, as Betts has a history with not immediately accepting a visit to the Executive Mansion.

The long-standing tradition of the MLB champion getting an invite to the White House has been around since the Washington Senators won the 1924 World Series and visited known baseball fan, President Calvin Coolidge.

In 2019, Betts and nine other players on the world champion Boston Red Sox elected to decline the invitation to the White House while President Trump was serving his first term.

Team manager Alex Cora and various coaches also didn’t attend.

After the 2020 World Series, Betts chose to partake in the visit with his Dodgers and then-President Joe Biden in office after a COVID-19 delayed July 2021 trip.

As for the current invitation, the Orange County Register’s Bill Plunkett reported that the superstar shortstop has made a decision — but isn’t quite ready to announce it.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said last month that he was looking forward to keeping the baseball tradition.

“It’s certainly a huge honor to get the invitation to the White House. It allows us to celebrate our 2024 championship. To my understanding, every World Series champion gets that honor,” Roberts said. “I respect the position. It’s the highest office in our country certainly, in the world. So I’m looking forward to it.”

The Dodgers posted on X last month about keeping the tradition and celebrating their title on the team’s trip to play the Washington Nationals next week.

Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-Imagn Images

Related Posts

Dodgers’ Shocking Plan to Retain Max Muncy in 2026 Defies All Odds. Insider’s Bold Claim Hints at a Blockbuster Move That’ll Stun Rivals. LA’s Slugger Is Poised to Rewrite the Diamond Script

Dodgers ‘Likely’ to Bring Back Max Muncy in 2026, Says Insider The Los Angeles Dodgers are eagerly awaiting the return of their third baseman. When healthy, Max Muncy…

Michael Conforto Exposes Dave Roberts’ Fiery Ultimatum to Dodgers as September Looms. The Skipper’s Bold Rally Cry Ignites a High-Stakes Pennant Chase. LA’s Clubhouse Is Buzzing with Do-or-Die Energy

Michael Conforto Reveals Dave Roberts’ Message to Dodgers as September Nears September is right around the corner, and there is still no clear frontrunner for the National…

Dodgers’ Megastar Spills on Vicious Fan Jab That Triggered a Stunning Shohei Ohtani Shake-Up. This Scorching Insult Ignited a Game-Changing Play That’ll Leave LA Fans Speechless. The Diamond Drama Just Hit a Wild New Peak

The Los Angeles Dodgers have been rolling ever since winning the final game of their latest series with the division rival San Diego Padres. Since then, they’ve…

Deadspin | Mets C Francisco Alvarez plans to play through pinky fracture

Deadspin | Mets C Francisco Alvarez plans to play through pinky fracture

Juan Soto’s Mets Bombshell: Francisco Lindor Isn’t Team’s True Leader

Francisco Lindor isn’t the New York Mets real leader? Not according to Juan Soto.

Mets’ Nolan McLean has three word message about Jonah Tong debut

Nolan McLean kept it short and simple when asked about Jonah Tong’s first big league appearance.