Update!! Braves’ Jurickson Profar Suspended 80 Games After Testing Positive For Banned Substance Ahead of Dodgers Series

The last time the Los Angeles Dodgers saw Jurickson Profar was in the National League Division Series where he taunted fans at Chavez Ravine after robbing Mookie Betts of a home run at the wall.

Now, the former San Diego Padres outfielder is facing a suspension after testing positive for a substance banned by Major League Baseball.

Profar tested positive for hCG, and will be suspended for 80 games without pay.

Braves outfielder suspended 80 games after testing positive for banned  substance - Yahoo Sports

The Dodgers begin a series with the Atlanta Braves on Monday, and Profar won’t be playing left field after being suspended by MLB. Profar signed with the Braves in late January and has played in just four games before the news of his suspension came to light.

Profar appeared to enjoy taunting L.A. fans in the postseason, but once the Dodgers got the last laugh, the outfielder refused to give credit where credit was due.

Perhaps, the 24 consecutive scoreless innings from the Padres was tough for Profar to swallow.

“We did a lot of unusual things,” Profar said. “We don’t want to give credit either, you know, to their pitching. We just didn’t come through.

“Just sad for this team. We had everything to go all the way. But, you know, it’s baseball. Baseball. They played better than us the last two games. And we’re going home.”

However, Profar became a nemesis of the Dodgers well before the NLDS. He exchanged words with Will Smith last April over a pitch that was up and in.

“I don’t know what his deal was,” Smith said following the incident. “He thought we were trying to throw at him. I don’t know why we would’ve thrown at him. He’s kind of irrelevant. But I don’t know. He started mouthing off and everybody came out. I don’t know why he was throwing such a big deal about that.”

Photo Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Related Posts

Mets option veteran righty to activate rookie phenom

Mets rookie Jonah Tong makes his MLB debut Friday after dominating the minors, giving New York a huge boost. Kevin Herget has been optioned to make room

The Yankees may have finally figured out first base

Both short-term and future questions at first were seemingly answered in one offseason.

Dodgers’ Shocking Plan to Retain Max Muncy in 2026 Defies All Odds. Insider’s Bold Claim Hints at a Blockbuster Move That’ll Stun Rivals. LA’s Slugger Is Poised to Rewrite the Diamond Script

Dodgers ‘Likely’ to Bring Back Max Muncy in 2026, Says Insider The Los Angeles Dodgers are eagerly awaiting the return of their third baseman. When healthy, Max Muncy…

Michael Conforto Exposes Dave Roberts’ Fiery Ultimatum to Dodgers as September Looms. The Skipper’s Bold Rally Cry Ignites a High-Stakes Pennant Chase. LA’s Clubhouse Is Buzzing with Do-or-Die Energy

Michael Conforto Reveals Dave Roberts’ Message to Dodgers as September Nears September is right around the corner, and there is still no clear frontrunner for the National…

Dodgers’ Megastar Spills on Vicious Fan Jab That Triggered a Stunning Shohei Ohtani Shake-Up. This Scorching Insult Ignited a Game-Changing Play That’ll Leave LA Fans Speechless. The Diamond Drama Just Hit a Wild New Peak

The Los Angeles Dodgers have been rolling ever since winning the final game of their latest series with the division rival San Diego Padres. Since then, they’ve…

Deadspin | Mets C Francisco Alvarez plans to play through pinky fracture

Deadspin | Mets C Francisco Alvarez plans to play through pinky fracture