Kansas City Chiefs’ Xavier Worthy Sues Ex-Fiancée Who Accused Him of Assault

Xavier Worthy #1 of the Kansas City Chiefs on the field during the NFL game against the Las Vegas Raiders

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Xavier Worthy is suing his ex-fiancée Tia Jones for making “intentionally false and misleading allegations” against him earlier this month when she accused him of assault, according to a lawsuit obtained by PEOPLE.

Worthy, 21, filed a civil lawsuit against Jones, 24, on Monday in Williamson County, Texas, records reviewed by PEOPLE show. The filing comes two weeks after the NFL wide receiver was arrested on suspicion of felony domestic violence and later released after the Williamson County District Attorney’s Office said it would not pursue charges.

The Kansas City Chiefs player now alleges that Jones, a former track and field star, assaulted him and destroyed more than $150,000 in cash and property, according to the filing.

Worthy is accusing Jones of fabricating her assault allegations against him after he asked her to move out of the house they lived in together, the filing says. The lawsuit claims Worthy asked Jones to move out of their $2 million home after he allegedly found out through a private investigator that Jones was having an affair.

Worthy also alleged in his lawsuit that Jones assaulted him by ripping out his hair and then allegedly destroyed his game room. The NFL wide receiver also alleges that while he was being held in jail earlier this month, Jones stole $30,000 in cash from him, as well as jewelry, a handgun and keys to his Rolls Royce.

The filing says Worthy is seeking between $250,000 and $1 million in damages and is asking for a jury trial against Jones.

An attorney for Jones did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment on Tuesday. Worthy’s attorney Samuel Bassett declined to comment.

Williamson County court records show that Jones filed for a protective order against Worthy earlier this month. Worthy then responded with a protective order against Jones on Monday, in conjunction with his lawsuit.

Xavier Worthy takes a selfie with fiancee Tia Jones in May 2024.Xavier Worthy takes a selfie with fiancee Tia Jones in May 2024.

Worthy and Jones got engaged in July 2024, PEOPLE previously reported. Jones said during an appearance of The Pregame Podcast with Toyko and Sydnee that she and Worthy had met by chance when they both arrived at the same valet station while she was running late for dinner with friends.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Jones was training in Texas at the time, while Worthy was playing football at the University of Texas. Worthy was later selected No. 28 overall by Kansas City in the 2024 NFL Draft, becoming a top target for quarterback Patrick Mahomes this past season.

The couple purchased their first home together in July last year, the same month they became engaged. Jones documented her experience moving into the home on TikTok, saying she was so “excited” about her and Worthy moving in together.

If you are experiencing domestic violence, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233, or go to thehotline.org. All calls are toll-free and confidential. The hotline is available 24/7 in more than 170 languages.

Related Posts

BREAKING! BASTONI TOUCHES DOWN AT AXA — LIVERPOOL CONFIRM NEW DEFENSIVE BEAST! 😱

BREAKING! Liverpool has officially confirmed the signing of defensive powerhouse Bastoni in a record British transfer. The six-year contract marks a significant moment for the club, as they bolster their defense ahead of the new season. Fans are buzzing with excitement as the transfer window enters its final week. Bastoni’s arrival comes after a flurry […]

BREAKING NEWS IN SAN FRANCISCO: The 49ers Just Received a Stunning Update on Maxx Crosby and Myles Garrett That Will Leave You Speechless! The latest development has sent shockwaves throughout the NFL, and fans are going wild trying to process the implications of this bold message. What does this mean for the team’s future, and how will this impact their chances of making a deep playoff run? Stay tuned for more updates as this story continues to unfold! 🚨🏈

SAN FRANCISCO DROP A BOMBSHELL: 49ers Hit With Bold Message on Maxx Crosby, Myles Garrett The San Francisco 49ers’ pass rush was one of the league’s biggest…

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce’s courageous leap of faith pays off! He signs a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers worth $48 million, including multiple performance-based incentives. Driven by a passion for greatness, Kelce is drawn to the 49ers’ dynamic offensive system and their unwavering commitment to championship excellence. He believes this move will unleash his full potential, empowering him to reach new heights and inspire a generation of athletes. Head coach Kyle Shanahan envisions Travis Kelce as the catalyst who will propel the 49ers’ offense to unprecedented success, igniting a thrilling new era in San Francisco! 💥

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce, one of the most talented and dynamic tight ends in NFL history, has officially signed a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers…

AT LAST! LIVERPOOL SEAL BASTONI DEAL — ANFIELD EXPLODES AS MEDICAL BEGINS!

¡AL FIN! LIVERPOOL CONFIRMA EL ACUERDO POR BASTONI — ¡ANFIELD EXPLOTA MIENTRAS INICIAN LOS EXÁMENES MÉDICOS! El Liverpool ha sellado un acuerdo histórico por el defensa Bastoni, quien ha firmado un contrato por seis años. La afición estalla de júbilo mientras el club confirma el traspaso de récord británico. La noticia ha causado una ola […]

SKY SPORTS CONFIRMS NEW CONTRACT!JÜRGEN KLOPP SHOCKS WORLD: SIGNS NEW CONTRACT WITH LIVERPOOL!

Liverpool FC fans, brace yourselves! In a stunning development, Jurgen Klopp has officially signed a new contract with the club, ensuring his continued leadership in what has been one of the most successful managerial eras in modern football. This news has sent shockwaves through the football world. After months of swirling rumors and uncertainty regarding […]

Breaking!! Dallas gave him flashes — Atlanta could give him freedom. PFF believes the Falcons are the best landing spot for Cowboys All-Pro receiver George Pickens in free agency, citing role clarity and offensive fit. The potential impact is already fueling league-wide buzz.

Dallas Cowboys Face Franchise Tag Dilemma With All-Pro WR George Pickens The Dallas Cowboys are approaching a crucial offseason decision involving NFL All-Pro wide receiver George Pickens,…