BREAKING : Patrick Mahomes’ Viral Haircut Happened Less Than 48 Hours After Chiefs Super Bowl Loss (Exclusive)

Patrick Mahomes Viral Haircut Happened Less Than 48 Hours After Chiefs Super Bowl Loss
John E. Moore III/Getty Images

Patrick Mahomes did not waste any time switching up his hairstyle after the Kansas City Chiefs got blown out in the Super Bowl. 

In an exclusive interview with Us Weekly, Mahomes’ barber, DeJuan Bonds, said the quarterback’s polarizing haircut happened on February 11, less than 48 hours after the Chiefs’ drubbing at the hands of the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LIX on February 9.

Bonds conceded that Mahomes, 29, was eager to make a change after the defeat, which brought a shocking end to the Chiefs’ quest to become the first team in NFL history to win three consecutive Super Bowls. 

“There might be a little bit of truth to that,” Bonds told Us. “Most of it came from the fact that he’s always been wanting to do it. But the Super Bowl loss might have ramped it up by a couple of days or weeks, sure.”

Bonds, who has been working with Mahomes for years, revealed he and Mahomes actually talked about performing the haircut “before the season,” but didn’t want to hinder the Chiefs’ success. 

“We said we weren’t going to mess with past superstitions,” Bonds explained. “He wasn’t trying to mess with it and cut his hair before the football season. It was one of those things he had been wanting to do for a while. But he wanted to wait until after the Super Bowl. He was like, ‘Hey, it’s time to give me a new look.’”

Mahomes officially debuted the new haircut in public on Monday, February 25, date night with his wife, Brittany Mahomes, as the couple attended a college basketball game between his alma mater, Texas Tech, and Houston in Lubbock, Texas.

The new ‘cut has been incredibly divisive on social media, but Bonds said he was “not surprised” about the feedback.

“A lot of people have mixed reviews about his hair and how they wanted him to cut it off or how they wanted him to keep it,” Bonds explained. 

In fact, Mahomes’ fresh look was supposed to be even more drastic before Bonds had to step in and convince the football star otherwise. 

“The whole time that I’ve been cutting his hair, he just lets me do what I do,” said Bonds, who owns Purple Label Barbershop in Overland Park, Kansas. “But when he asked for a change, he basically was like, ‘Just cut me all off.’”

Bonds continued, “I was like, ‘No, no, no. We’re not just going to cut it all off.’ We’re actually going to collab on this and go a little bit at a time, take it a little bit down. We kind of came to a common ground like, ‘OK, this is the cut, this is the cut, this is the length.’ It was a collaboration on this last one.”

Related Posts

BREAKING! BASTONI TOUCHES DOWN AT AXA — LIVERPOOL CONFIRM NEW DEFENSIVE BEAST! 😱

BREAKING! Liverpool has officially confirmed the signing of defensive powerhouse Bastoni in a record British transfer. The six-year contract marks a significant moment for the club, as they bolster their defense ahead of the new season. Fans are buzzing with excitement as the transfer window enters its final week. Bastoni’s arrival comes after a flurry […]

BREAKING NEWS IN SAN FRANCISCO: The 49ers Just Received a Stunning Update on Maxx Crosby and Myles Garrett That Will Leave You Speechless! The latest development has sent shockwaves throughout the NFL, and fans are going wild trying to process the implications of this bold message. What does this mean for the team’s future, and how will this impact their chances of making a deep playoff run? Stay tuned for more updates as this story continues to unfold! 🚨🏈

SAN FRANCISCO DROP A BOMBSHELL: 49ers Hit With Bold Message on Maxx Crosby, Myles Garrett The San Francisco 49ers’ pass rush was one of the league’s biggest…

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce’s courageous leap of faith pays off! He signs a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers worth $48 million, including multiple performance-based incentives. Driven by a passion for greatness, Kelce is drawn to the 49ers’ dynamic offensive system and their unwavering commitment to championship excellence. He believes this move will unleash his full potential, empowering him to reach new heights and inspire a generation of athletes. Head coach Kyle Shanahan envisions Travis Kelce as the catalyst who will propel the 49ers’ offense to unprecedented success, igniting a thrilling new era in San Francisco! 💥

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce, one of the most talented and dynamic tight ends in NFL history, has officially signed a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers…

AT LAST! LIVERPOOL SEAL BASTONI DEAL — ANFIELD EXPLODES AS MEDICAL BEGINS!

¡AL FIN! LIVERPOOL CONFIRMA EL ACUERDO POR BASTONI — ¡ANFIELD EXPLOTA MIENTRAS INICIAN LOS EXÁMENES MÉDICOS! El Liverpool ha sellado un acuerdo histórico por el defensa Bastoni, quien ha firmado un contrato por seis años. La afición estalla de júbilo mientras el club confirma el traspaso de récord británico. La noticia ha causado una ola […]

SKY SPORTS CONFIRMS NEW CONTRACT!JÜRGEN KLOPP SHOCKS WORLD: SIGNS NEW CONTRACT WITH LIVERPOOL!

Liverpool FC fans, brace yourselves! In a stunning development, Jurgen Klopp has officially signed a new contract with the club, ensuring his continued leadership in what has been one of the most successful managerial eras in modern football. This news has sent shockwaves through the football world. After months of swirling rumors and uncertainty regarding […]

Breaking!! Dallas gave him flashes — Atlanta could give him freedom. PFF believes the Falcons are the best landing spot for Cowboys All-Pro receiver George Pickens in free agency, citing role clarity and offensive fit. The potential impact is already fueling league-wide buzz.

Dallas Cowboys Face Franchise Tag Dilemma With All-Pro WR George Pickens The Dallas Cowboys are approaching a crucial offseason decision involving NFL All-Pro wide receiver George Pickens,…