Insider Reveals When Chiefs RB Isiah Pacheco is ‘Expected’ to Return from Injury

Insider Reveals When Chiefs RB Isiah Pacheco is 'Expected' to Return from Injury

Getty Kansas City Chiefs running back Isiah Pacheco.

Kansas City Chiefs running back Isiah Pacheco has been sidelined since Week 3 with a broken fibula. Though Chiefs head coach Andy Reid hasn’t given a definitive update on when Pacheco will return, NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport revealed when the team expects him to return.

“My understanding is Pacheco, who suffered a fractured fibula, is expected to resume practicing in two to three weeks,” Rapoport said on NFL GameDay on November 3.

That timeline puts Pacheco on track to be active for the final stretch of the regular season.


Kareem Hunt Has Filled in Admirably as Chiefs’ RB1

During Pacheco’s absence, the Chiefs have relied on veteran running back Kareem Hunt to be the team’s primary ballcarrier. In four games played for the Chiefs this season, Hunt has registered 308 rushing yards on 84 rushing attempts — 3.67 yards per carry — and four rushing touchdowns. That’s a large workload for a 29-year-old running back who was a free agent heading into the regular season.

When asked if Hunt’s workload is sustainable for the foreseeable future, Chiefs head coach Reid expressed confidence in the veteran back.

“Well, listen, he (Kareem Hunt) didn’t have training camp, so I look at it like it’s the third day of training camp,” Reid explained during his press conference on October 28. “He’ll start picking it up as we go here now. He’s had good work, and I think it will be even more productive going forward.”

Though the two-time defending Super Bowl champions shouldn’t continue to rely on Hunt to carry the ball 20+ times each game, Hunt’s durability and reliability as a rusher has been a welcomed addition to the roster amid injuries.


Patrick Mahomes Discusses Battling Through Adversity This Season

Despite dealing with significant injuries to Pacheco, Rashee Rice, Hollywood Brown, and Jaylen Watson, the Chiefs are still 7-0 heading into Week 9 and are in the driver’s seat in the AFC. That speaks to the resiliency this Kansas City squad has in a season in which the Chiefs are trying to make history by winning a third-straight championship.

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes spoke to the media on November 1 and discussed the challenges associated with having a rotating cast of players on offense due to injuries.

“I think the challenge comes more throughout the week just because you’re putting new guys in different positions and asking them to go out there and execute, but once you get the work in throughout the week — I think we’ve done a great job of executing on game day and hitting some of those throws,” Mahomes said. “Obviously, it’s forced guys to have bigger roles than we expected earlier in the season, but at the same time I feel like guys have kind of accepted the challenge and that’s why we’ve been able to win the games that we’ve been able to win.”

Kansas City will try to continue its win streak in Week 9 when the Chiefs face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Arrowhead Stadium. That game will be played on Monday, November 4 at 7:15 p.m. Central Time and will be available to watch on ESPN.

Devon Clements covers the Kansas City Chiefs and Indianapolis Colts for Heavy.com. A New England native who has covered the NFL since 2017, his previous bylines include USA Today’s Sports Media Group and Sports Illustrated. More about Devon Clements

More Heavy on Chiefs News

Loading more stories

Related Posts

BREAKING! BASTONI TOUCHES DOWN AT AXA — LIVERPOOL CONFIRM NEW DEFENSIVE BEAST! 😱

BREAKING! Liverpool has officially confirmed the signing of defensive powerhouse Bastoni in a record British transfer. The six-year contract marks a significant moment for the club, as they bolster their defense ahead of the new season. Fans are buzzing with excitement as the transfer window enters its final week. Bastoni’s arrival comes after a flurry […]

BREAKING NEWS IN SAN FRANCISCO: The 49ers Just Received a Stunning Update on Maxx Crosby and Myles Garrett That Will Leave You Speechless! The latest development has sent shockwaves throughout the NFL, and fans are going wild trying to process the implications of this bold message. What does this mean for the team’s future, and how will this impact their chances of making a deep playoff run? Stay tuned for more updates as this story continues to unfold! 🚨🏈

SAN FRANCISCO DROP A BOMBSHELL: 49ers Hit With Bold Message on Maxx Crosby, Myles Garrett The San Francisco 49ers’ pass rush was one of the league’s biggest…

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce’s courageous leap of faith pays off! He signs a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers worth $48 million, including multiple performance-based incentives. Driven by a passion for greatness, Kelce is drawn to the 49ers’ dynamic offensive system and their unwavering commitment to championship excellence. He believes this move will unleash his full potential, empowering him to reach new heights and inspire a generation of athletes. Head coach Kyle Shanahan envisions Travis Kelce as the catalyst who will propel the 49ers’ offense to unprecedented success, igniting a thrilling new era in San Francisco! 💥

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce, one of the most talented and dynamic tight ends in NFL history, has officially signed a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers…

AT LAST! LIVERPOOL SEAL BASTONI DEAL — ANFIELD EXPLODES AS MEDICAL BEGINS!

¡AL FIN! LIVERPOOL CONFIRMA EL ACUERDO POR BASTONI — ¡ANFIELD EXPLOTA MIENTRAS INICIAN LOS EXÁMENES MÉDICOS! El Liverpool ha sellado un acuerdo histórico por el defensa Bastoni, quien ha firmado un contrato por seis años. La afición estalla de júbilo mientras el club confirma el traspaso de récord británico. La noticia ha causado una ola […]

SKY SPORTS CONFIRMS NEW CONTRACT!JÜRGEN KLOPP SHOCKS WORLD: SIGNS NEW CONTRACT WITH LIVERPOOL!

Liverpool FC fans, brace yourselves! In a stunning development, Jurgen Klopp has officially signed a new contract with the club, ensuring his continued leadership in what has been one of the most successful managerial eras in modern football. This news has sent shockwaves through the football world. After months of swirling rumors and uncertainty regarding […]

Breaking!! Dallas gave him flashes — Atlanta could give him freedom. PFF believes the Falcons are the best landing spot for Cowboys All-Pro receiver George Pickens in free agency, citing role clarity and offensive fit. The potential impact is already fueling league-wide buzz.

Dallas Cowboys Face Franchise Tag Dilemma With All-Pro WR George Pickens The Dallas Cowboys are approaching a crucial offseason decision involving NFL All-Pro wide receiver George Pickens,…