BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce’s coy response about proposing to Taylor Swift

From reproductive rights to climate change to Big Tech, The Independent is on the ground when the story is developing. Whether it’s investigating the financials of Elon Musk’s pro-Trump PAC or producing our latest documentary, ‘The A Word’, which shines a light on the American women fighting for reproductive rights, we know how important it is to parse out the facts from the messaging.

At such a critical moment in US history, we need reporters on the ground. Your donation allows us to keep sending journalists to speak to both sides of the story.

The Independent is trusted by Americans across the entire political spectrum. And unlike many other quality news outlets, we choose not to lock Americans out of our reporting and analysis with paywalls. We believe quality journalism should be available to everyone, paid for by those who can afford it.

Your support makes all the difference.

Travis Kelce responded coyly when asked about his plans to propose to his girlfriend Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl.

The Kansas City Chiefs tight end discussed his relationship with the pop icon, who he’s been dating for more than a year, during a press conference in New Orleans on Monday (February 3).

When a reporter asked him if he planned on getting engaged during the Super Bowl, Kelce replied: “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

When asked specifically if he planned to give Swift a ring on Sunday (February 8) — when the Chiefs take on the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl — he changed the subject again.

“A Super Bowl ring? Next question,” he responded.

However, Kelce did share how the “All Too Well” singer’s work ethic and success keeps him motivated on the field.

Travis Kelce’s coy response about proposing to Taylor Swift

Travis Kelce had a coy response when asked about his engagement plans (Getty Images)

“I better hold up my end of the bargain,” he said. “If she’s out here being the superstar she is, never taking no for an answer, and always working her tail off, I better match that energy for sure.”

On Sunday, the Chiefs will face off against the Eagles in the championship game for the second time in the last two years. In addition, Kelce and the Chiefs have the chance to make NFL history if they secure the title for the third year in a row.

During the AFC Championship — which secured the Chiefs spot in the Super Bowl — on January 26, Swift made her way down to the field to congratulate her boyfriend on his win.

“I love you so much,” the “Blank Space” singer said to Kelce while giving him a big hug. “I’m so proud of you, I can’t stand it. Look what you did!”

The sweet on-field moment came amid rampant speculation that Kelce may propose at the 2025 Super Bowl. In the last few weeks, Swift has been spotted out wearing a diamond infinity ring that fans are convinced is a promise and pre-engagement ring.

Travis Kelce’s coy response about proposing to Taylor Swift

Kelce and Swift have been dating since September 2023 (Getty Images)

While neither Kelce or Swift have addressed the topic, the NFL star recently dished about the one time of year he would never want to get married.

“I’ve seen weddings in f**king February. I’ve seen weddings everywhere but the fall. So I’m not sure if the fall was a good wedding season,” he said during a January 8 episode of his and his brother Jason Kelce’s New Heights podcast.

Last month, the tight end also spoke to sports journalist Stephen A. Smith about ending his NFL career one day, admitting that his opinion about retirement “changes every single day.”

“I love everything that I’m doing in this building, but at the end of the day I’m not having that extreme success on the field as I have individually,” he said. “I’ll reevaluate it like I always do, and I’ll probably tell myself how much I love this thing and I’ll come back next year.”

Still, he also made it clear that Swift — who’s attended more than a dozen of his games since they started dating — has never pressured him into retiring.

“She’s fully encouraging me to enjoy playing this game,” he said. “She loves coming to Arrowhead and coming to the games and cheering for me so I got all the support in the world to keep chasing these dreams.”

During Monday’s press conference in New Orleans, Kelce clarified that he wants to keep playing football for several years.

“Hopefully still playing football,” he said when asked what he hoped to be doing in three years’ time. “I love doing this, I love coming into work every day. I feel like I still have a lot of good football left in me. We’ll see what happens. I know I’ve been setting myself up for other opportunities in my life. That’s always been the goal knowing football only lasts for so long.”

Related Posts

BREAKING! BASTONI TOUCHES DOWN AT AXA — LIVERPOOL CONFIRM NEW DEFENSIVE BEAST! 😱

BREAKING! Liverpool has officially confirmed the signing of defensive powerhouse Bastoni in a record British transfer. The six-year contract marks a significant moment for the club, as they bolster their defense ahead of the new season. Fans are buzzing with excitement as the transfer window enters its final week. Bastoni’s arrival comes after a flurry […]

BREAKING NEWS IN SAN FRANCISCO: The 49ers Just Received a Stunning Update on Maxx Crosby and Myles Garrett That Will Leave You Speechless! The latest development has sent shockwaves throughout the NFL, and fans are going wild trying to process the implications of this bold message. What does this mean for the team’s future, and how will this impact their chances of making a deep playoff run? Stay tuned for more updates as this story continues to unfold! 🚨🏈

SAN FRANCISCO DROP A BOMBSHELL: 49ers Hit With Bold Message on Maxx Crosby, Myles Garrett The San Francisco 49ers’ pass rush was one of the league’s biggest…

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce’s courageous leap of faith pays off! He signs a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers worth $48 million, including multiple performance-based incentives. Driven by a passion for greatness, Kelce is drawn to the 49ers’ dynamic offensive system and their unwavering commitment to championship excellence. He believes this move will unleash his full potential, empowering him to reach new heights and inspire a generation of athletes. Head coach Kyle Shanahan envisions Travis Kelce as the catalyst who will propel the 49ers’ offense to unprecedented success, igniting a thrilling new era in San Francisco! 💥

BREAKING NEWS: Travis Kelce, one of the most talented and dynamic tight ends in NFL history, has officially signed a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers…

AT LAST! LIVERPOOL SEAL BASTONI DEAL — ANFIELD EXPLODES AS MEDICAL BEGINS!

¡AL FIN! LIVERPOOL CONFIRMA EL ACUERDO POR BASTONI — ¡ANFIELD EXPLOTA MIENTRAS INICIAN LOS EXÁMENES MÉDICOS! El Liverpool ha sellado un acuerdo histórico por el defensa Bastoni, quien ha firmado un contrato por seis años. La afición estalla de júbilo mientras el club confirma el traspaso de récord británico. La noticia ha causado una ola […]

SKY SPORTS CONFIRMS NEW CONTRACT!JÜRGEN KLOPP SHOCKS WORLD: SIGNS NEW CONTRACT WITH LIVERPOOL!

Liverpool FC fans, brace yourselves! In a stunning development, Jurgen Klopp has officially signed a new contract with the club, ensuring his continued leadership in what has been one of the most successful managerial eras in modern football. This news has sent shockwaves through the football world. After months of swirling rumors and uncertainty regarding […]

Breaking!! Dallas gave him flashes — Atlanta could give him freedom. PFF believes the Falcons are the best landing spot for Cowboys All-Pro receiver George Pickens in free agency, citing role clarity and offensive fit. The potential impact is already fueling league-wide buzz.

Dallas Cowboys Face Franchise Tag Dilemma With All-Pro WR George Pickens The Dallas Cowboys are approaching a crucial offseason decision involving NFL All-Pro wide receiver George Pickens,…