Taylor Swift in Toronto: City to provide update on how it’s preparing for Eras Tour shows in two weeks Toronto Star

Toronto Police ‘fully prepared to respond to any potential risk’

Taylor Swift in Toronto: Officials 'ready' to host biggest concerts in city's history
In this file photo taken on Sept. 9, 2022, Taylor Swift attends the Toronto International Film Festival. Photo by VALERIE MACON /AFP via Getty Images
When it comes to preparedness for next month’s Taylor Swift’s six shows at Rogers Centre, the City of Toronto wants everyone to know: ‘They are ready for it.’

Toronto Deputy Police Chief Lauren Pogue said law enforcement are “fully prepared to respond to any potential risk” with 500,000 visitors expected from outside Toronto for her Eras Tour concerts, which are scheduled for Nov. 14 to Nov. 16 and the following week from Nov. 21 to Nov. 23.

“Public safety is our top priority,” Pogue said.

An upwards of 300,000 concertgoers are expected to attend the six shows, with tens of thousands more descending on the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, where the fan event Taylgate ’24 is happening next door. Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors games at nearby Scotiabank Arena during the nights Swift is playing could add close to 20,000 more people downtown.

Pogue reiterated that Toronto Police “are ready” to deal with the influx of people to the city’s core, which is already mired by traffic congestion and construction.

In August, Austrian authorities made several arrests in connection with a plot to “kill as many people as possible” attending Swift’s shows at Vienna’s Ernst Happel Stadium.

The thwarted attack ultimately led to Swift cancelling three sold-out Eras Tour shows, devastating fans who had travelled from across the world to see the concerts.

“Our considerations are always around public safety. There are no threats at this time,” Pogue said. “You can expect to see a significant and visible police presence throughout the concert week, including a significant number of officers deployed both inside and outside the venue to ensure the safety of all attendees and to assist wherever needed.”

Unlike other stops on her Eras Tour in which tens of thousands have gathered outside in hopes of hearing her music, Swifties without tickets are being urged to stay home as there will be no designated fan zone.

Pogue wouldn’t get into specifics, but said that Toronto Police have “robust systems in place to detect, assess, and respond to any emerging threats.”

Taylor Swift in Toronto: Officials 'ready' to host biggest concerts in city's history
Taylor Swift seen at Paycor Stadium in Cincinnati. Photo by Getty Images

There will be significant road closures surrounding Rogers Centre impacting Lake Shore Blvd. W. to the south, York St. to the east, Spadina Ave. to the west and Wellington St. W. to the north on the days of the shows. Organizers are urging attendees to take the TTC, walk or cycle.

Drop-off zones will be located a good walk away from the stadium on Front St West, Lake Shore and Queens Quay E.

Taylor Swift in Toronto: Officials 'ready' to host biggest concerts in city's history
The City of Toronto is restricting cars around Rogers Centre during Taylor Swift’s upcoming shows. Photo by City of Toronto

Toronto has been learning from past cities Swift has played in and planned work that requires a road occupation permit — such as construction, filming and utility cuts — will not be allowed on concert dates.  

To help ferry fans in and out of the downtown core, the TTC will ramp up service on show nights with additional trains on lines 1 and 2, buses and streetcars.

Although Swift is the first musical artist to perform six nights at the Rogers Centre during one tour, city officials pointed to past events like the Pope’s 2002 visit, the Raptors’ 2019 championship parade and the 2015 Pan-Am Games as proof that her concerts will run smoothly.

Earlier this month, Destination Toronto, a non-profit that supports the city’s tourism industry, said Swift’s shows could have a $282-million impact on the local economy, with $152 million of that money coming in the form of direct spending. An estimated 93% of that amount — $141 million — will come from out-of-towners visiting local restaurants, hotels and shops, with the remaining $11 million coming from Torontonians.

The concerts are happening during a quieter season, so that will also give a boost to the hotel and hospitality industry.

“This is a lot of visitors, at half a million,” said Pat Tobin, general manager of economic development and culture at the City of Toronto. “They are each projected to spend a lot of money. The evidence coming out of other cities (she has played in) is the per-capita spending for concertgoers is about $1,300 … so Swifties spend a lot and they’re coming from outside, so it’s new money into our economy.”

But with hotel rooms near the Rogers Centre during Swift’s shows being advertised for around $2,000 per night, some wondered if accommodations are too expensive.

Deputy Mayor Ausma Malik said “this is something that happens when major events are coming to the city, there will be a rise in the cost of things like hotel rooms.”

Malik said the city is trying to ensure there are options “around transit and transportation” that will help visitors staying in properties outside of the downtown core.

Toronto is only one of two Canadian cities Swift is visiting on her record-breaking tour, which began last year in Arizona. The Eras Tour ends in Vancouver in December.

Related Posts

A Former Club Legend Revealѕ the Real Cauѕe Behіnd the Team’ѕ Struggleѕ

For months, Liverpool fans have questioned Virgil van Dijk’s form, criticised Arne Slot’s tactics, and searched for answers to the team’s disappointing season. However, according to one respected former Liverpool player, the blame has been placed in the wrong direction entirely.

A New Begіnnіng for the Seaѕon

Lamine Yamal delivered a powerful and motivational message, declaring that the true beginning of their season starts now. His statement reflects a renewed sense of purpose and drive within the team—one that suggests they have regrouped, refocused, and are ready to push forward with full commitment. Rather than dwelling on past performances or challenges, Yamal emphasizes a fresh start, signaling that what matters most is what they do from this moment onward.

Barcelona Tranѕfer Target To Fіxed The Current Problem In The Squad In 2026

The Hansi Flick era at FC Barcelona is moving into its most decisive stage yet. After spending a full season evaluating his squad, the German coach — together with Sporting Director Deco and the club’s sports committee — has reportedly set a clear direction for the future. The testing period is over; now comes the phase of implementation.

Barcelona Crushes Athletic Bilbao 4–0 as Flick Applauds His Returning Hero

Barcelona marked their return to the newly renovated Camp Nou with a spectacular 4–0 victory over Athletic Bilbao on Saturday evening. The atmosphere inside the stadium was electric as fans witnessed a commanding performance that announced Barcelona’s comeback to their legendary home with style and confidence.

🚩🔻Elliot Anderson has emerged as the primary midfield target for Manchester United. Carlos Baleba remains high in United’s list, although Adam Wharton is also being looked at, which could impact Baleba’s future ✍️ [ Laurie Whitwell – 9️⃣/🔟 ] Nottingham Forest are aware of United’s interest in Elliot Anderson, but it would take a lofty fee to even consider his exit — given he is contracted until 2029 and already earns a package worth around £100,000 per week 💰 [ David Ornstein – 🔟/🔟 ] Thoughts? 🔴🤔 FULL STORY IN BELOW 👇👇

Elliot Anderson emerging as Manchester United’s primary midfield target signals a pretty clear shift in the club’s recruitment strategy: younger profiles, high work rate, development upside, and long-term planning rather than expensive “win-now” signings.

🚩🔻BREAKING NEWS: I trіed my рoѕѕіble beѕt to lure Hіm to Chelѕea but He’ѕ adamant on joіnіng Man Unіted deѕріte theіr current form”, Thіago Sіlva confіrmed £80m Brazіlіan ѕtar іѕ ѕet to joіn Man Unіted deѕріte convіncіng Hіm to joіn Chelѕea DESPITE CHELSEA LUCRATIVE OFFER,HE CHOOSE TO JOIN US 🔥🔥 FULL STORY: LINK 👇👇

BREAKING NEWS: I tried my possible best to lure Him to Chelsea but He’s adamant on joining Man United despite their current form”, Thiago Silva confirmed £80m Brazilian star is set to join Man United despite convincing Him to join Chelsea   In a stunning transfer that has captured the attention of football fans worldwide, […]