Report: Dodgers Star Blake Snell Makes Major Announcement

Blake Snell has had a very exciting past few weeks and has another reason to celebrate.

The newest Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher, who signed a five-year, $182 million contract in early December, took to social media for another major announcement.

Snell proposed to his girlfriend, Haeley, and she said yes.

Haeley also had a huge influence on Snell’s signing with the Dodgers.

“It was really easy, just because me and Haeley wanted to live here,” Snell said of his decision to join the Dodgers. “It’s something we’ve been talking about for a while. And when you look at the team, you look at what they’ve built, what they’re doing, it’s just something you want to be a part of. Look at the first three hitters in the lineup. It’s tough to go against. So to be on the other side and know they’re going to be hitting for me, it’s pretty exciting.”×

This offseason has been the complete opposite of what Snell experienced last year.

Snell went unsigned all winter and eventually agreed to a two-year, $62 million deal with the San Francisco Giants, which included an opt-out after the first season.

The season didn’t start well for Snell. He gave up more than a run per inning over his first six outings and spent significant time on the injured list in the first three months, dealing with groin issues. By mid-June, it seemed almost certain he would forgo the chance to re-enter free agency after the season.

Everything changed following his return from the second IL stint. Snell dominated the league down the stretch, finishing the season as the best pitcher in baseball.

Over his final 14 starts, he posted a dazzling 1.23 ERA and limited hitters to an .123/.211/.171 slash line. By season’s end, there was no question he would opt out of the remaining $30 million on his Giants contract.

Snell, 32, posted a 5-3 record with a 3.12 ERA across 20 starts for San Francisco this season. Highlighting his year was a no-hitter against Cincinnati on August 2, one of just 16 individual shutouts in the majors this season. The lefty recorded 145 strikeouts and issued 44 walks over 104 innings.

Related Posts

MET SWOOP: Dodgers’ free agent outfielder signs with the New York Mets, adding firepower to the roster and shaking up the NL East offseason landscape..ll

The Los Angeles Dodgers lost a free agent, as he signed a minor league deal with the New York Mets on Tuesday.

Mets, kèm bản Anh & Việt: SMALL MOVES, BIG IMPACT: The 5 most interesting under-the-radar roster additions the New York Mets have made this offseason — subtle tweaks that could secretly reshape the entire year..ll

The MLB offseason is so young it hasn’t even begun to eat solids. After Thanksgiving is when movement seems to truly pick up. So far, we’ve seen the New York Me

COHEN’S ANGRY WAKE-UP CALL: Re-grading the 2021 New York Mets shopping spree after Steve Cohen woke up furious, sparking fresh debate on which signings were steals, which were mistakes, and how the spending spree truly aged..ll :

New York Mets owner Steve Cohen woke unhappy on November 24, 2021. It was the eve of Thanksgiving and Steve Matz had signed with the St. Louis Cardinals rather

YANKEES GO NUCLEAR: New York Yankees predicted to sign a $460 million four-time All-Star and World Series champion to counter the Blue Jays’ Dylan Cease move, setting up an AL East arms race like never before..ll

The Yankees could fight fire with fire.

FREE AGENCY FIRE: Alex Bregman sends a pointed message to Cody Bellinger amid MLB free agency, sparking buzz about rivalry, respect, and what’s coming next in a high-stakes offseason..ll

Both the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees enter 2026 with well-positioned rosters capable of making a run, but each faces the challenge of addressing two high-profile free agents. Outfielder Cody…

ALONSO STAYING IN NEW YORK: Mets president delivers good news to fans, confirming Pete Alonso signing before MLB’s trade deadline — but the shocking price tag leaves everyone stunned..ll

In a surprising turn of events that has sent shockwaves through the baseball world, the New York Mets president made a bold announcement, delivering good news to devoted fans. The revelation centers on the confirmation of Pete Alonso‘s signing just before the MLB trade deadline, a move that promises to bolster the team’s lineup for the remainder of the season. However, the price tag attached to this deal has left everyone stunned, raising eyebrows and sparking intense discussions among baseball enthusiasts. This article delves deep into the details of this shocking news, exploring the implications for the New York Mets, Pete Alonso‘s career, and the broader landscape of Major League Baseball.